Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Monochromatic WIN at The Greeting Farm

Okay, I'm soooo new to this blogging thing, but decided I would jump on the bandwagon. I'm hoping as I become more and more familiar with the blogging world that my creations and my blog will continue to evolve into something better! I've always been a scrapbooker at heart, but decided to try my hand at cardmaking. There's just something fulfilling about creating something quick and tangible. My scrapbooking pages can take days as I try to figure out a layout and papers and embellishments, etc. However, a card just takes a few hours and then it's done (sometimes for me though it can drag out into days, LOL)!

I found some adorable images last year and fell in love with them!! They are from an online store called The Greeting Farm. After buying several of them, I decided this year to try out some of their challenges so I could earn some freebies. The first challenge I tried was called Jenn Monochromania on January 4th and guess what....I WON!! YEA! To say the least it was a big accomplishment for me and really inspired me to try my hand at cardmaking. Here's my winning card:

You can view the winning announcement here.

The image I used from The Greeting Farm is called Joyce. It's actually a digital image, printed from my printer. I found some great monochromatic paper at my local Target store on clearance last year so I decided to pull it out and finally use it! The glitter paper came from Hobby Lobby. The flower and glitter brad are Paper Studio Spare Parts. I colored the image with copics, sharpie's, and a ZIG metallic writer (still building up my Copic markers so I had to use what I had on hand). I used a Martha Steward heart border punch on the bottom and then used the little left-over circle pieces to make earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, and shoe bling for my image (yes, it took some patience to try and pick up those little circle dots with tweezers and glue them to my image!). Here's a close-up of Joyce:




I hope you enjoy it!

Hugs and Happy Scrapping/Cardmaking,
Rosemary :)

1 comment:

BB said...

Rosemary, all of these are incredible!
I can't wait to see what new ideas you come up with! I am glad you decided to do a blog...you are very talented and inspiring :)