Monday, March 8, 2010

Geisha Anya for my Mother-in-Law

February was a busy, busy month for some reason! It probably didn't help that there were several birthdays going on that month: my Mother-in-Law, Sister-in-Law and my boss all had birthdays in February. And, don't forget there was also Valentine's Day. I thought December was busy, but February turned out to be just as hectic!

My Mother-in-Law is Hawaiian, but she loves everything Japanese...culture, houses, trinkets, dolls, food, etc. You pretty much know if you buy or make her anything with an Oriental theme she's going to be happy. The other thing to know about my MIL is that her favorite color is...Purple! Here's the birthday card I made for her using The Greeting Farm's Geisha Anya:

The paper is DCWV Far East pack. The ribbon was from the $1 bin at Michaels. I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make the purple border underneath the ribbon. The sentiment is from CTMH Everyday Celebration stamp set.

I colored Anya using Copics E00 and E33 for her skin and RV21 for her blush. I used BV00 and V15 for her clothes and the flower. Then I added glitter glue to her sash. For her hair, I used a black sharpie and BV23.

The scallop circle was cut using my Spellbinders Nestibilities Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die. I added glitter glue to the edges and pop-dots behind the circle and behind Anya.

It's raining today in Oklahoma so it just might be a good day to create another card. Stay tuned, I may be adding another post sometime today (if my 3 year old lets me do something creative!).

Happy Scrapping!
Rosemary :)

No comments: