Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Amy!

Our friend Amy's birthday was October 8th, but due to conflict schedules we couldn't meet up to celebrate for a couple of weeks after her bday. Since she LOVES owls, I made her this card:

That CUTE blingy Owl is actually a sticker I got from Hobby Lobby. It comes that way!! I can't remember who makes it, but it comes on a sheet with 2 rhinestone owls, flowers, and a long strip of leaves. My husband was sooooooo impressed because he thought I arranged all the rhinestones individually to make the owl. I said...I wish I was that talented. He said that I'm very talented which is why he thought I arranged them all....he's the sweetest!!

All the dp on my card is from the CTMH paper pack called Olivia (it's a new paper pack that was released in the Fall/Winter 2010 catalog). The Olivia pack is full of Autumn inspired paper....LOVE IT!! The Kraft cardstock is from Recollections. The burgundy cardstock and wide ribbon came from my stash. The gold rhinestones in the corners came from the $1 bin at Michaels. The scallop circles were cut with my Spellbinder Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die. The two Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page sets I used are called Cherish and Layered Arches. The sentiment is hand-written using a black Sakura Glaze pen. I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges of my scallops and border punches.

Here's a close-up of the rolled fabric flower. I think these flowers are fabulous...and so easy to make!!

I found a tutorial on Tracy's blog here showing how to make these awesome rolled fabric flowers. The middle piece was a button with a white pearl center. I cut the button piece off the back, took out the white pearl, and replaced it with a brown, glittery brad.

Surprisingly, there was no stamping involved in the making of this card so it came together pretty quickly.

Hugs!
Rosemary :)

No comments: