Monday, January 9, 2012

Inspiration Monday-Make a Scene

Good Monday Morning to ya! :) Now that the holidays are over, are you getting geared up for 2012?! Hard to believe we are 9 days into the New Year! So, do you know what's right around the corner, other than Valentine's Day?

CHA baby!! Yes, that's right....at the end of January will be the next Craft & Hobby Association Convention in Anaheim, California. Now's the time to get with your local scrapbook stores and let them know about La-La Land Crafts so they can scope out the new stamps at CHA and bring them to their stores!!

If you haven't been to the LLLC Store in a while, you may have missed some of the new things Irina has added. You should head on over and check out the "OTHER" section... Irina is now carrying sentiment stamps and Cheery Lynn Dies!! The other new items that I'm really loving are the DIGI SCENES....so convenient and easy to use!

So to bring us into our 2nd week of the New Year, the LLLC Challenge this week is to:

MAKE A SCENE

For my 8x8 Shadow Box, I decided to use one of the new DIGI SCENES in the LLLC Store called Heart Balloon Marci Digi Scene. I colored my scene with a combo of Copics and Chalk.

Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, chalk
Lips: R20, chalk
Hair: E57, E25, E35
Dress/Hairbands: Paper-pieced & shaded with chalk, stardust stickles
Shoes: shaded with chalk, stardust stickles
Balloon: Paper-pieced
Presents: Paper-Pieced, MS Blue glitter, B02, B04, B05, YR02, YR04, YR07, stardust stickles
Garden Bench: E49, E29, E37, E33, N4, N6, N8
Bird: B02, B04, B05, G02, G14, YG17

These gorgeous papers came from the 8x8 DCWV Mariposa Stack. They are absolutely beautiful so I didn't want to cover them up very much. I cut out butterflies from some of the other dps in the same pack and added them in the corners. The butterflies in the pack have glitter on them, but I added more gold stickles. It's very sparkly in real life. I'm thinking about stamping a quote or sentiment either at the top or bottom, but not sure yet which one I want to use. :)


Here is the 8x8 page in a Shadow Box Frame I got from Walmart. I just found these cute and cheap frames at Walmart over the weekend.
I now need to go back and buy several!


Here's a side view:


Now don't forget you can play along with our LLLC Challenges all month long by uploading your creations to our Customer Gallery! And you'll definitely want to check out the LLLC Challenge Blog to see all the inspiration from my fellow DT sisters....they are AH-MAZING!

Have a great week and see back here soon!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

just amazingly gorgeous ... as always ...love your cards and details you put on it!

Kelly said...

Wow Rosie, I love the shadow box. Your coloring is so vibrant and the butterflies add more to it. Beautiful.

Vicki said...

Fabulous! I'm tellin' ya', I want to color like you when I grow up!!

cebelica said...

Beautiful card with all these lovely butterflies (ya know I have a "thing" for those little critters lol). Hugs! xx

Unknown said...

Very pretty card, love the butterflies and your colouring is fantastic!

Tracy Valure said...

She came out beautiful Rosie! I love how you did her dress...I kept messing with mine until it was sooooo full of ink! LOL I like how it turned out, but it took alot to get there! haha

Hugs,
Tracy Valure

Tracy Valure said...

She came out beautiful Rosie! I love how you did her dress...I kept messing with mine until it was sooooo full of ink! LOL I like how it turned out, but it took alot to get there! haha

Hugs,
Tracy Valure