Monday, April 16, 2012

Inspiration Monday--Frame It!

Happy Monday morning to you all! Hope you had a great weekend! In Oklahoma, we were under a tornado watch all Saturday night into Sunday morning, so needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Then my little guy woke up Sunday with severe stomach pains followed later by fever so we ended up at the Urgent Care. Doc was worried it was appendicitis, but after a few tests he said he thought it was a stomach virus. Poor little guy was on the couch the rest of the day not feeling well. No school for him today and probably not much sleep for me! :(

I somehow managed to get my card done for this week's La-La Land Crafts Challenge which is:

FRAME IT!

I decided to create a scene using two images: Marci with Cat and Baking Marci. Marci with Cat reminds me of my SIL Brooke because she has blonde hair and loves animals. And of course, Baking Marci, is ME!! I love to bake and cook, so most of the time you'll find me in my kitchen!

Here's Marci with Cat:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, chalk
Hair: YR20, Y15, Y21, colorless blender
Dress: G02, G95, G07, stickles
Shoes: G02, G05, G07, C3, C5, C7, stickles
Cat: C3, C5, C7, R20

Next, is Baking Marci:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, chalk
Hair: E49, E29, E25, E33
Yellow Shirt: Y01, Y15, Y21, Y24, stickles
Apron: R81, R83, R85, R35, RV09, Viva Pearl Pen
Oven Mitts: E31, E55,
Pie: E31, E51, R35, R39, C5

For my FRAME IT card I used some beautiful dps from MME Howdy Doody 6x6 pad. The frame was cut using Heartfelt Creations Decorative Window Scene, which I got from the CropStop Store. The green ivy in the top corner was made using Memory Box Madera Corner. The mocha pearls in the corners and the sentiment are from CTMH.

The bottom, left corner die was made using the Whimsy Stamps Corner die Set, and was a gift from my beautiful and amazing friend Chris! She's a wonderful crafter and friend. We met on-line and you would think we've known each other for years. She's been so encouraging and supportive. I love that gal!

You can see in the side view that I actually traced around the inside of the frame and cut a hole through my card so that Baking Marci is on the inside. I cut two frames and glued one down onto the paper and then placed pop dots on the second frame and placed it on top to give it more dimension. I also placed pop-dots behind Marci with Cat to raise her level with the frame.

Now don't forget you can play along with us at La-La Land Crafts by uploading your creations to our Customer Gallery. My fellow DT sisters will have more inspiration for you on Friday on the LLLC Blog.

Have a great week and see ya back here on Thursday for a great CropStop Challenge!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

1 comment:

cebelica said...

You have lots of patience! But it's worth it, because at the end all your projects look amazing and carefully done to the very last detail. Another faw card! Hugs! xx