Monday, November 12, 2012

The Greeting Farm Guest Designer Monday

Happy Monday y'all! How was your weekend? Mine was busy trying to get all sorts of crafty projects done! I was hoping to get ahead, but since I run on sheer last minute panic, I'm just struggling to meet all my deadlines, LOL! One day I'll be ahead of the game, although probably not until after the holidays, haha!

I'm sooooo EXCITED to be back today sharing a creation for my Guest DT spot with The Greeting Farm. Now, if you haven't been to their blog, you are missing out. Each week they have various challenges to participate in to win free stamps...did ya hear me....prizes every week! You have to use an image from The Greeting Farm, but they have digis available HERE.

You still have until the end of today to enter the Double Take Tuesday Challenge: Red, Teal & White. In addition, a new challenge went up on Friday for Farm Fresh Fridays and it's Anything But a Card

I kind of combined both themes for my project today, although I used more Pink, Teal, & White. :) I decided to use the super adorable Anya Celebrates! I LOVE this line of Big Anyas!! They are so easy to color and very, very CA-UTE!! I colored her with Copics on Neenah Cardstock.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Shirt/Shoes/Hearts: R81, R83, R85, R20
Pants: E30, E31, E34
Present: BG10, BG13, BG15, N2, N0

My project is a Pop-Up Diorama. I found a tutorial for it HERE. It seems complicated, but it went together somewhat quickly. The time consuming part was making the presents and the banner.

Now, the measurements on the tutorial are in cm. I'm going to give you the measurements in inches that I used for the above diorama. I cut my rectangles 4.50" tall x 6" wide. I measured 1/2" from the sides and used my cutting knife to cut out the center. For the side "hinges", I cut my cardstock 2" wide x 4.50" tall and scored in 1/2 inch increments.

You can tell in the side view that I used various shades of teal cardstock from Core-dinations. The presents were cut from different scraps of dps and then wrapped with ribbon or trim. 

The great thing about this Pop-Up Diorama is that you can squash it flatter for mailing. :)

Now, head on over to The Greeting Farm STORE to check out all their stamps and digis! Believe me you won't be disappointed!! Have a great week and see you back here soon. This week is a busy one for me!

Hugs,
Rosie

3 comments:

eva said...

gorgeous coloring! i love how it folds flat!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is absolutely AMAZING- WOW WOW WOW! I cannot even find words to say how much I'm impressed by this- whoa! Beautiful job and love the colors!!

Leanne said...

Man when I saw this on FB I was like holy moly this is awesome!! You really know how to go big on projects and girl this one is up there!! I love this to pieces and I will have to put this card on my to try list!!
Totally awesome!!
x
;)