Monday, November 19, 2012

The Greeting Farm Guest Designer Monday

Happy Monday y'all! I'm so glad you have joined me today for another project for The Greeting Farm! Those of you who know me or follow me know that I like to alter cheap frames or make 3-D projects. I don't always have the time to make them on a regular basis, but I find cutting and figuring out tutorials fun and relaxing (most of the time, haha!). Well, today I have a special altered frame to share with you.

Last week on Thursday, Marie and Jessica offered up a "Pay It Forward" challenge. You can read all the details HERE! You have until Wed. Nov. 21, at 10pm CST to enter your card and email Jessica, so get those TGF images out and create something for it asap! :)

I think it's an amazing and really touching idea so my project today is based on their challenge. On today's project, I decided to use Anya Styles. She's one of the new releases for November. I think she's gorgeous, and kind of sassy. :) If you can't tell, I really love these Big Anyas!! They are so much fun to color up.

 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Pink: R83, R85, R89
Turquoise: BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18
"white" Shading: N2, N0, colorless blender

My project started with a cheap $1 frame from Micheals. I cut the dps (from Echo Park This & That) in 2"x 2" squares and 1.25" x 2" rectangles, and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I raised Anya Styles on pop-dots for added dimension. The flowers are from various companies. The sentiment is from Close To My Heart "A Little Thanks" (D1444).

Now, don't forget there are several challenges going on right now at The Greeting Farm with prizes. Please check out the Thanksgiving Pay It Forward Challenge HERE for all the details on how you can surprise a friend in need or who just might need a little pick me up.

Thanks again for stopping by and for all your support and encouraging comments! I love to hear what you all think! :)

Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Sooo sooo sooo awesome Rosie!! This frame will bring smiles to anyone who receives it. Gorgeous layout and the flowers are lovely. Big Anya looks hip and fun, ready to make a friend smile.
Great job!!
x
;)

Jenny said...

So cute. Love your colouring and the fabby papers what a lush frame :) Jen x

krafty-kutz said...

Her hair is too die for xxx

cebelica said...

These altered frames would make a great Christmas gift. I love how you altered those. And thanks for the idea. :) Hugs! xx