Sunday, December 2, 2012

Yumi & Fumi Handmade Challenge---SKETCH and/or Red, Camel & White

Happy Sunday everyone!! It's DECEMBER, WOOT, WOOT!! Hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner and the end of the year is almost here.....wowzers! Yesterday was my hubby's birthday!! We didn't do anything big.....it was just the 3 of us. Just hung out and went out to eat and even did a little movie night when we got home. I kinda felt bad that I didn't throw a big party for him. But I think he loved it being just us (at least I hope so), LOL!
 
We've got something exciting for the month of December at Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts!!
Today, we have a MONTH long challenge for you with a big PRIZE package!! The prize package will be one that grows as the challenge continues over the month of December. The winner will not only receive a Y&F stamp of our choice, but other goodies as well (which right now includes a Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Paper Pads, Embellishments, Embossing Folders, additional stamps, etc.). Believe me, you'll want to definitely participate!! :)

The challenge this time around is an AWESOME SKETCH from our fabulous DT member Kim Yu. We've also included a twist.....a color combo of RED, CAMEL, and WHITE. 

Now, you can combine the color combo with the sketch, or you can just do the sketch or just do the color combo. We are giving you options and leaving the decision up to you.....easy peasy!!

Remember you don't have to use a Yumi and Fumi image to participate. You can use any image from Sister Stamps, La-La Land Crafts and The Greeting Farm!! I'm sure you have at least one of those to work with. :)  You can see all of the Challenge Rules HERE to make sure you qualify.

Here's the SKETCH from Kim:
And, here's the color inspiration from The Perfect Palette of RED, CAMEL & WHITE:

For my card I decided to use one of the new releases, Yeti Yumi!! I love her fluffy jacket and boots!! And her smile is contagious, isn't it?! She's colored with Copics on Neenah Cardstock.
 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Eyes: E44, E43
Lights: R29, B12, B18, Y18, G14, G28
Gloves/Tights: R22, R24, R29
Skirt: C3, C5, C7
Coat/Boots: N2, N0, colorless blender

 I decided to combine Kim's Sketch with the color challenge. I kept it pretty simple and I kind of like it. :) The dps came from two new paper packs I bought at Target: Peppermint by Crate Paper and Dear Lizzy Neapolitan by American Crafts. I didn't even know my closest Target was carrying 6x6 paper pads....I think I bought them out tonight!! :)

The large pearls came from my stash. I think the rose ribbon is Tim Holtz. The doily came from Walmart's baking section. I raised Yeti Yumi on my favorite Recollection pop-dots. I get them at Michaels and they are AWESOME!
 
We hope to see lots of you participating in this month long challenge at the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog!! Now, don't forget to come by and "like" our Facebook Fan Page, so you can stay up-to-date on specials and sales, get your challenge reminders, and share your stuff!! 
Have a great Sunday!!

Love & Hugs!!
Rosie & the Y&F Design Team :)

3 comments:

Faye said...

You have rocked this sketch. AND your colouring is awesome. X

Leanne said...

Sooo cute Rosie!! This is gorgeous!!!
I'm going to have to check out my local Target to see if they have those paper pads too.
;)

cebelica said...

Such a lovely card; I like this image,so different than the others. It's really cute. :) Hugs! xx