Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Designed To Color Challenge-METALLICS!

Did you see there is a new monthly challenge up at Designed to Color! Be sure to head over to the DTC Blog to see who last month's winner is!!

The Challenge this month is:

METALLICS

Our sponsor this month is Dilly Beans Digi Stamps!
 
 
Megan Suarez is the master genius behind these kooky and adorable images.  With skulls that make you awww to mermaids full of flowers, her images are just gorgeous and totally one of a kind!  Great for paper crafting in all aspects!   
 
The winner of this challenge will receive THREE images of their choice from the Dilly Beans shop!
 
For my altered 5x7 wood plaque from Walmart, I used Dilly Beans #335 Girl and Butterflies. I think she's gorgeous and perfect for various mixed media projects! She's colored with Copics, chalk and stickles.
 
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Eye: G28, G24, G21, Black, Inksentials White
Lips: R24, R20
Cheek: Chalk
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Butterflies: BG02, BG05, B15, V17, RV13, RV19, Stickles
Background behind hair: Chalk
 
 I found an awesome paper pad called DCWV The Colorful Life Stack. It's based on artwork by Donna Estabrooks and definitely makes creating mixed media pieces less time-consuming and less messy! I painted the 5x7 wood plaque black and then just cut the paper and glued it down....easy peasy!! I also found a roll of Art Impressions Medium Aluminum and decided to try it out. I used my LLLC Filigree Corner Die and LLLC Butterflies Set 1. The dies didn't cut through the aluminum. Instead, it embossed it so I then cut around the outside. I'm sure if I used a shim or did several passes it probably would have cut through it. But I liked the embossed effect. :)

You can see my full list of supplies at the DTC Blog!

You have until February 14th to link up your "Metallics" card/projects. And, yes, you can link up more than once!! Make sure you have a colored image on your project and you follow the Metallics theme. Also please add a direct link to your project to be eligible.

See you back here Friday!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

No comments: