Monday, January 28, 2013

Inspiration Monday~~FRAME IT!!

Happy Monday folks! I hope you all had a great weekend. They always seem to fly by so quickly, don't they? We didn't do much this weekend. Just spent time together as a family. Saturday is usually my day to sleep in, but my little guy decided to wake up at 6am (never happens during the week when he has school)!! Then proceeded to go and get on the computer...what?!! So there's no surprise that by early evening he was having a little melt down, haha! 

On Sunday we went to church in the morning and then just hung out at home. Since we moved here back in August we've been looking for a church and finally decided on a church that felt like family from the beginning. It has an awesome Pastor and his message hits home every time. I usually end up a bawling mess by the time it 's over. It's an amazing feeling finding a church to call home! It just clicked for me and the hubby right away and Isaiah loves it!

Well, enough about me! Leave me a comment on how your weekend was. I would love to hear from you! Time to get on with our challenge this week at La-La Land Crafts! The challenge this week is:

FRAME IT!!

I used one of the newly released stamps from CHA called Coloring Marci. The little bird that's stamped on the coloring pad is from the Brick Wall Set. I pretty much LOVE the entire CHA release!! I'm telling ya, the releases just get better and better. It's such a blessing to be a part of the LLLC DT and I draw so much inspiration from my fellow team members. I know I sound kind of mushy, but I really do love those gals!

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Lips: R22
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Headband/Smock: B21, B29, YG41, YG45, B18, B24
Shirt: Y02, Y18, YR23
Copic Marker: N0, C3, Black
Paper Pad: E41, E42, N0

The gorgeous dp on my card came from Echo Park "For the Record 2" 6x6 paper pad....LOVE IT!! I also used some La-La Land Crafts Dies: Scallop Border and Filigree Corner.

Did you see I made my own Polaroid Frame? I just cut a rectangle and then traced a square where I wanted it and used my X-acto knife to cut out the square. The sentiment and pearls are from Close To My Heart. The beautiful yellow, polka dot ribbon came from Walmart. I used my trusty Bow Easy to make the perfect bow....definitely a life saver cause I can't tie one worth jack!!

Did you also notice I didn't use any pop-dots...WHAT?!!! What is the world coming to?? I know it's crazy, LOL!

Please check out the La-La Land Crafts Company page and Group page on Facebook. We also have a twitter feed! If you haven't joined our groups yet, you might want to think about it because these are the places Irina announces special sales! :)
In addition, we have a Customer Gallery so be sure to link up so we can oooooh and aaaah over your Marci and Luka creations!

Have a great week and see you back here tomorrow!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

2 comments:

karen said...

Sooooooooo beautiful Rosie, just love it, hugs, karenxx

cebelica said...

Up at 6am on Saturday? O.o Oh my ... I barely ever get up before 8.30am (or at least 8 if I'm reeeeally good lol) on Saturday. I need to get my dose of sleep. ;)
It's great that you managed to find a church that you all like.
I like your today's card. It's a bit different than the others. I like the polaroid photo you created and that yellow dotty ribbon - I like how it stands out.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs! xx